About Me

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Maybe I'm crazy...

...but I think I'm about to attempt some super-mom-like activities.

In addition to my 14-month old, two large-breed puppies, two cats, and hubby, this stay-at-home mom and part-time jewelry/glass artist is about to attempt to juggle two more really big things.

1) Jewelry classes for a friend and her granddaughters. Eight lessons. I think I'd be a lot more comfortable with six, but eight was non-negotiable. I have some neat projects planned out and I hope all will be happy with what I've chosen, but I haven't taught in a while and this is a big deal. If it works out, I might branch out and offer more classes for kids in my area. Could be fun.

2) I haven't worn my technical writing hat since I was pregnant, but another opportunity may be coming my way. It's hard for me to pass up such challenges. I like learning new things, I like being exposed to new software, I like keeping my writing and editing skills polished, and I like keeping my resume current (just in case, ya know). And I can do it from home, while the little man is peacefully playing or napping.

It's a lot to juggle for me, but I used to tell myself that I thrived in chaos. Let's see if that still proves true.

No comments:

Post a Comment