About Me

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yay! New toys!

So I just finished a month-long contract doing some technical writing work. I had fun, but now that my brain has gotten a good workout, my muse is starting to pop back up.

I just ordered new business cards and matching earring cards from www.zazzle.com. I think I'll enjoy the professional pop they'll add to my work. Plus, I don't have hours to dedicate to making my own cards now that my little man requires so much attention.  Instead, I'll just be adding adhesive earring clipcards to add to the back of the earring cards. I need to get new shutters (after 5 years of using them), but my earring displays will be top notch this year.

I also ordered some goodies for my kiln. Some new pre-cut dichro glass ovals and circles, and various glass enamel decals for pendants, a business card slumping kit for a special order I have, and lots of textures to use with the metal clay I got for Christmas. I think I'll start simple, with some shaped pendants and textures applied to those, before trying too many fancy things.

As I start making new things, I'll post pics of course. So stay tuned. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment